The law governing home education in Alberta is the School Act, section 29:
- (1) A parent of a student may provide, at home or elsewhere, a home education
program for the student if the program:
- (a) meets the requirements of the regulations, and
- (b) is under the supervision of a board or a private school accredited under section 28(2).
- (2) If a parent resides in unorganized territory, the Minister shall act as a board under this section.
- (3) The Minister may make regulations respecting home education.
You'll find more information on the laws and regulations governing home based learning in Alberta in the Education section of the Alberta government's website: